Gladwyne is a very affluent suburban community in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, United States along the historic Philadelphia Main Line. In 2011, Gladwyne was ranked the 7th richest ZIP code in the country in a study by Bloomberg BusinessWeek. The population was 4,050 at the 2000 census. As Gladwyne is neither an incorporated area nor a census-designated place, all data are for the ZIP code 19035, with which the community is coterminous.
Points of Interest
- 1690 House, the oldest standing structure in Lower Merion Township, incorporating remnants of a log cabin built by John Roberts for the Roberts Mill at the convergence of Mill Creek and Old Gulph Roads
- Bridlewild Trail, a set of trails extending 22 miles through the Henry, Rolling Hill, Idlewild Farms, Saunders Woods, and other preserved spaces. The trail is open to residents, horses, and leashed pets.
- Cedar Crest, mansion and estate of John T. Dorrance, Jr. Now called "Linden Hill."
- Henry Foundation for Botanical Research, a botanical garden
- Rolling Hill Park, a 102-acre park on Mill Creek, with historic mill building ruins, purchased from Walter Pew by the Lower Merion Township
- Idlewild Farm Complex, a 47-acre farm with buildings, donated to the Natural Lands Trust
- Saunders Woods, a farm with colonial house
- Woodmont, mansion and estate of Alan Wood, Jr., now a shrine to evangelist Father Divine
The data relating to real estate for sale on this website appears in part through the TREND Internet Data Exchange (IDX) program, a voluntary cooperative exchange of property listing data between licensed real estate brokerage firms in which this broker participates, and is provided by TReND through a licensing agreement. The information provided by this website is for the personal, non-commercial use of consumers and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Some properties which appear for sale on this website may no longer be available because they are under contract, have sold or are no longer being offered for sale.
Updated: 1st October, 2018 1:16 PM.
Listing information provided courtesy of the Bright MLS. IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use, and it may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. The data is deemed reliable, but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS.
Updated: 21st May, 2019 1:13 AM.